My name is Sheldon Willis and I am the Senior Naval Science Instructor at VHS. JROTC offers the opportunity for high school students to enroll in a leadership/citizenship program coordinated under the umbrella of the Career, Technical and Agricultural Education Division of the Georgia Department of Education.
JROTC Curriculum. A 21st Century, interactive, engaging, and experiential learning package that includes academic lessons that promote critical thinking; as well as provide fitness and community service opportunities, field experiences, and activities designed to develop better, more productive citizens.
NJROTC was established with the Vitalization Act of 1964.
Purpose and Program Objectives are to:
1) Promote patriotism.
2) Develop informed and responsible citizens.
3) Promote habits of orderliness and precision.
4) Develop a high degree of personal honor, self-reliance, individual discipline, and leadership.
5) Promote an understanding of the basic elements of, and need for, national security.
6) Develop respect for, and an understanding of, the need for authority in a democratic society.
7) Promote community service.
8) Provide incentives to live healthy and drug free.
9) Develop leadership potential.
10) Provide an alternative to destructive behavior and activities, such as gang involvement.
11) Promote high school completion. 12) Promote continuing education.
13) Provide information on the military services as a possible career
I am excited about working with your child. I welcome questions or comments.
Senior Chief Sheldon Willis USN (Retired) MCFE, ADCII
SENIOR NAVAL SCIENCE INSTRUCTOR
VALDOSTA HIGH SCHOOL
4590 Inner Perimeter Road, Valdosta, GA 31601
Planning Period: (4th period) 1:51 pm to 3:25 pm