Attention Class of 2022:
The dates for Senior Portraits have changed. Senior portraits will be taken on August 7 and 14. Appointment cards have been mailed out to all Seniors.
For questions or additional information, please contact BPI Photography (229)382-8277.
CALLING SINGERS OF ALL SKILL LEVELS!
Valdosta High School Choirs are looking to recruit new members for the 2021-2022 school year! Chorus is offered 1st, 2nd, and 4th Blocks for grades 9-12. Any students interested should add chorus to their schedule, or email: email@example.com for more information!
School Supply Lists, Dress Code Information, Open House, and additional Important Dates and Information
Attention: All VHS students and parents/guardians,
Please review the attached flyer for important information regarding parking decals, Freshmen Orientation, and Open House.
July 28 and July 29, 2021
In an effort to support students attending Summer School at Valdosta High School, the VCS Transportation Department will be providing transportation. Please see the attached flyer for the list of bus stop locations for Summer School students. Students will need to report to the bus stop location by 7:15 AM.
Summer reading is critical for students to retain knowledge and skills learned in the previous school year. Students who do not read over the summer tend to lose literacy skills while students who do read during the summer actually improve their reading ability. The summer reading lists have been published on the VHS webpage.
Due to the impact of COVID 19 on school education, the Valdosta High School Summer School Program will be free and face to face this summer.
VHS will be hosting two sessions of Summer School:
June 1-June 15 and June 16-June 30.
Summer School registration will be held on Thursday and Friday, May 27th and 28th from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM at Valdosta High School. To register for summer school, students will need a transcript or report card indicating the courses failed.
TOMORROW, 5/19/2021 is the last day to return Chromebooks, school-issued items, and pay fines!
If you have not returned your Chromebook, school-issued items or paid your fines, you will not be allowed to attend graduation practice or participate in the graduation commencement ceremony.
NO CHROMEBOOKS WILL BE COLLECTED AT GRADUATION PRACTICE OR GRADUATION!!
Greetings 8th grade parents,
Please read the information and graphic below carefully in regards to your child's freshman year schedule:
1. This is not your student's schedule. These are the academic courses recommended by their 8th grade teacher, and the electives your child selected.
2. Once you login to view the courses, only pay attention to column 1 in the planner. This review is for Freshman year only.
3. Please ignore any additional texts in the planner that you may see. You are only to view the classes that are listed under each category.
4. All Freshmen will have Health/Personal Fitness in their requests. If they receive credit from middle school it will be removed.
5. If your child is currently enrolled in an intro level elective course, once we receive their transcript they will be promoted to the second level of the course if it has been requested.
6. For the 2021-2022 school year, Physical Science will replace Biology as the 1st HS Science."